Happy mid-January everyone! As we continue to set our goals for the next eleven and a half months, there is something most of us fail to consider. I am at fault of this myself so you are not alone on this. But have you ever thought of ways you can take better care of yourself? Self-care goes beyond eating better and starting a new gym routine. Self-care means making the necessary changes in life to make sure you are a healthy, fully functional and happy human being. Here are some helpful tips to better your self-care.
- Make sure you get a full nights rest every night! Put your phone, tablet, video game controller, and other devices down. And don’t forget to turn off your television! Aim for 7 to 8 hours of sleep each night.
- Buy an extra toothbrush, small container of toothpaste, and some dental floss to take with you to work. A brush, rinse and floss after your lunchtime meal can go a long way to keeping your teeth and gums clean, and keep the pearly whites shining all day long!
- Have some “alone time” each day. Read a book, meditate, or go for a brisk walk in nature. Turn your phone off and enjoy a distraction free time each day to unwind.
- Ease up off the caffeine if you need a second cup of coffee to get you through the day. Substitute some green or white tea instead. They both contain an amino acid named L-Theanine to help keep you calm, as well as focused for the rest of your day.
- Lastly, distance yourself from negative people in your life. It’s not easy because sometimes those same people can be your closest friends and family. But their negativity can hinder your productivity.
These are just a few ways you can help with your personal self-care. As you ready this, are there any other ways you can help care for yourself better?