Turmeric milk contains medicinal properties that reduce inflammation, detoxify the body, restore the gut, and improve skin and mood (to name a few). Its versatile uses make it an excellent beverage to keep on hand whether you are getting sick or if you just want that nutritional boost for overall wellbeing.
I came across this recipe on Pinterest from Integrative Nutritional Therapies about a week ago, and I decided to give it a whirl. I wish golden turmeric milk came into my life sooner, because this drink is the bomb! The coconut milk paired with the spices create a creamy yet soothing, warm blend of yumminess that makes you want to curl up on the couch and watch Netflix.
This recipe took about ten minutes or less to make, so even if you have a hectic schedule, it’s still doable. You can try it cold too.
· 2 cups of coconut milk (you can also use almond or cashew milk)
· 1 tsp (and you can work up to 1 TBL) of coconut oil
· 1.5 tsp turmeric
· 1 tsp cinnamon
· 1 tsp nutmeg
· 1" piece of fresh peeled and sliced ginger or ½ tsp ginger powder
· 1 tsp of maple syrup or honey
· a sprinkle of black pepper (optional)
1. Blend all ingredients thoroughly in a blender or food processor, until smooth
2. Pour into saucepan and heat over medium heat for about 3-5 minutes
3. Pour into your mug or cup and enjoy all the delicious anti-inflammatory health benefits