I came across this recipe on Greatist, and I had to share with you all! This dish is packed with protein, complex carbs, veggies, and tons of nutrition!
Now I don’t really eat meat, but the beef and eggs can easily be substituted for black beans if you follow more of a plant-based diet (you can always top the hash with avocado and sunflower seeds too!).
Brussels Sprout Sweet Potato Lean Beef Hash
Recipe by: Dan Churchill
Time: 30 minutes
2 sweet potatoes, grated
2 cups Brussels sprouts, quartered
Pinch of salt and pepper
1 onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 pound lean ground beef
1 tablespoon cumin, ground
1 tablespoon coriander, ground
1/2 cup beef stock
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with baking paper. Place sweet potato on one half of the baking sheet and the Brussels sprouts on the other. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
2. Roast for 15-20 minutes (you may want to pull the sweet potato out a little earlier, so keep an eye on it).
3. Drizzle remaining oil into a cast iron skillet on medium-high heat and caramelize your onion and garlic for 5-7 minutes.
4. Stir in lean ground beef and allow to cook for 5-7 minutes longer, or until it's browned and the liquid has evaporated. Then add in cumin, coriander, and stock before seasoning with salt and pepper.
5. Allow to simmer for a couple of minutes. As you do that, heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high head. Fry eggs sunny-side up.
6. Layer sprouts and sweet potato over beef mixture. Top with fried eggs and olive oil.